- To provide the residents of the Cortes Island area with topical local news coverage produced to professional standards, including fact-checking and archiving.
- To present all sides of controversial issues without influence from advertisers or private owners.
- To promote and practise a civil, well-informed public discourse on current events and issues affecting the island.
- To promote writing, research, and critical thinking skills among island youth.
- To record and preserve the history of Cortes Island for future generations.
We thank the generous donors who helped to make our first year of operation possible. If you would like to donate to support this project, contact Cortes Currents; even a small amount will help us to keep publishing independent journalism for Cortes and beyond.
If you would like to support this project by submitting an article or audio/video clip, we welcome submissions that meet our Editorial Policy.