The second part of an interview in which Paul Stamets discusses:
- The unseen similarities between shamanism and medicine.
- 70% of medicines derived from nature.
- Medicinal uses of fungi, including a fungi that fights tuberculosis and how fungi could help in the fight against influenza.
- A medically valuable fungi species on Cortes Island.
- How 90% of the nutrients are now gone from the ground.
- Deforestation prompted the great migrations to North America. Europe’s Peat bogs were once forests.
- Our ecosystem in crises: The extinction rate is accelerating. Can we continue to overpopulate the earth while the ecosystem is disintegrating? Will humanity survive? Mankind has the capacity of destroying the ecosystem.
- The importance of eating local food in season.
- The Permaculture movement.
- Edible mushrooms on Cortes Island.
- Medicinal uses of fungi, an applicable species on Cortes Island)
- Can we continue to overpopulate the earth while the ecosystem is disintegrating?
- Making ethanol out of mycelium
Where to learn more.
Broadcast on Cortes Community Radio, CKTZ, 89.5 FM Audio on Wednesday, Sept 17, 10:00 – 10:30 am.