This was part of the Making it on Cortes forum, providing resources and a network for neighbours making a life and a livelihood on Cortes.
Folk U Radio asks “What do you know?” with host Manda Aufochs Gillespie. Tune in to hear neighbours share their interests, knowledge and skills with each other. This show has the diversity and breadth of the people of the Salish Sea: featuring everything from ancient history in the area form a professor who wrote the book to the current take on Wildfire protection and everything in between. Folk U Radio is produced by Folk University in collaboration with CKTZ 89.5 FM and support from Cortes Currents. Folk U Radio: taking old-school viral.
Host Manda Aufochs Gillespie is the author of the Green Mama series of books, free-lance journalist, writer, and provost and producer at Folk University. Learn more at FolkU.ca.
Links of Interest:
- Klahoose First Nation website
- Cortes Forestry General Partnership website
- Cortes Community Forest Co-operative website
- Cortes Community Economic Development Association website
- The Folk U website
- (Folk U) Podcasts
- (Cortes Currents) articles about, or mentioning, the Klahoose Nation
- (Cortes Currents) articles about, or mentioning, Chief Kevin Peacey
- (Cortes Currents) articles about, or mention, Cortes Community Forest
- (Cortes Currents) articles about, or mentioning, Community Economic Development Association (CCEDA)
Top photo credit: Chief Kevin Peacey – photo courtesy Klahoose First Nation
Sign-up for Cortes Currents email-out:
To receive an emailed catalogue of articles on Cortes Currents, send a (blank) email to subscribe to your desired frequency: